Our client is a global market leader operating in the business to business media and technology services sector and help their clients to meet the challenges posed by a fast-moving, disruptive business environment. They have a global reach, with offices in the UK, US and Europe and have enjoyed sustained growth by combining a digital first innovation strategy with an immersive customer experience.
As Chief Executive Officer, you will provide leadership and strategic direction in the general management of the group. You will achieve this by driving operational growth and excellence and to define and execute strategy across all aspects of operations for the achievement of the company’s overall vision.
This is a high impact leadership role focussed on the delivery of doubling the turnover of the business from £30m to £60m turnover (through both organic growth and potential acquisitions) over the next 3-5 years. Our client is seeking an engaging and charismatic CEO, who will join a strong Executive Management Team and lead their strategic thinking and identify new ideas for their operations.
This position would suit an experienced CEO with experience gained within technology focused B2B sales environments who has provided strategic leadership and growth in a similar sized business or larger digitally focused business.
- Plan, direct and execute all strategy and operating activities by developing a strategic plan for the next five years for the company.
- Cascade the strategic plan to all divisions/departments in the company.
- Achieve financial targets set by the Board
- Create a cohesive and results-oriented leadership team that works across functions for the common good of the company.
- Ensure there is robust performance management across the company to enhance productivity.
Enhance employee engagement and manage the employee relations environment.
- Creation, leadership and management of a team that drives and supports revenue generation, customer loyalty and to include the development of staff potential.
- Collate and prepare annual company budget for approval by the Board of Directors.
- Ensure all customer numbers, revenues and targets are achieved
- Attend Board Meetings and feed Company Directors with relevant monthly reports on company operations.
- Present a positive image of our client as a progressive company.
- Responsible for leadership and general management of the Company
- Monitors activities of all employees in order to achieve set targets
- An experienced CEO/COO and leader with previous responsibility for the motivation and leadership of others
- A proven track record of achievement gained in a rapidly growing business (ideally £30-60m t/o)
Previous experience gained ideally within technology focused B2B Sales environments – for example; Tech/Digital Media/Data Intelligence company background
- A track record of creating vision and direction for growth and success, managing change and taking and creating ownership
- A “new ideas” person with the energy and ambition to drive the business forward
- Someone to lead the growth and is hands-on – strong leadership skills
- Excellent relationship management skills; the ability to influence, negotiate, and build collaboration across diverse functions and levels of seniority
- Previous B2B experience
- Thrives in a highly visible role with the credibility at a senior level to inspire confidence and project a professional image
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Assertive but not confrontational; also possessing a sense of humour and perspective
Brings a high level of personal energy and drive to the role, understanding the need to deliver and make things happen within the organisation, as well as having the ability to think and plan ahead
- A team orientated approach combined with the self-confidence to express an independent view when necessary.
- Determined and focused, self-sufficient and proactive
- The ability to lead change and organisational development in a fast moving, complex environment
- Displays an empowering management style with clear leadership qualities to further develop and maintain the focus and commitment of the team
- Strong influencing skills
- Graduate calibre; intellectually strong with significant relevant professional experience
To apply for this position, please forward your CV along with a summary of relevant experience and current remuneration details to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference NJR/RC363.