Our client is a subsidiary of an international and award-winning luxury spa, grooming and hair concept founded in London since 2004. They have a discerning client base with a number of prestigious sites in worldwide locations such as Dubai, Abu Dhabi, New Delhi, Moscow, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong and Mexico. They are also a pioneer in both retail and professional products as well as the most scientifically advanced anti-ageing cosmeceutical range ever developed with their products being used by many of the world’s most recognised and luxurious five star and boutique hotels and spas and department stores globally.
They are currently developing an exciting and unique e-commerce marketplace due for launch in the US and are looking to hire a US based Business Development Director to bring Vendors and Sellers to their new platform. The successful candidate must have previous experience of attracting to and facilitating the onboarding of Vendors and Sellers to its e-commerce marketplaces and may have worked for similar e-commerce companies such as Amazon. Our client’s new marketplace will operate on the basis that Vendors and Sellers will supply goods directly to consumers.
- Attract Vendors and Sellers to our client’s marketplace from a wide category of goods classes ranging from personal care, food and beverages, fashion, homewares and consumer electronics.
- Negotiate commission-based deals with each Vendor and Seller and help facilitate the onboarding process of each party onto our client’s platform in conjunction with their onboarding team.
- Strategize and build a business development program in order achieve set goals of onboarding the optimal number of Vendors and Sellers during an 8-month time period within all major goods categories.
- Develop and build a team of other business development staff members to help you achieve your goals.
- Closely collaborate with the tech, marketing and finance team.
- Build and manage relationships with Vendors and Sellers and articulate the value proposition of our client’s e-commerce marketplace.
- Contribute to the achievement of our client’s company and team targets/goals.
- Keep abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Proven Business Development experience with 10+ years of relevant experience in the e-commerce marketplace industry.
- Track record of consistent success onboarding Vendors and Sellers to other e-commerce platforms.
- Excellent prospecting, account management and closing skills.
- Ability to manage the development and preparation of proposals.
- High energy level, strong work ethic, drive, integrity, a can-do attitude, and strong accountability.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication.
- Outstanding negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
If you would like to apply, please forward your CV to: email@example.com quoting reference NJR/RC379.