Our client is a global leader in Financial Services benchmarking, best practice analysis and performance improvement consulting. They are a wholly owned subsidiary of a major company. Since its formation in 2004 the company has grown at a CAGR of more than 50%. Due to the company’s continued growth they are looking for an Associate Director to join their Insurance Practice. For inspirational leaders with proven analytical ability and insight looking for a new challenge, the role offers a rare chance to join the leadership team in a fast growing, entrepreneurial environment.
The role is based in London but involves working with clients across the EMEA region. Travel is required for client specific meetings but does not involve long periods working on site with clients.
Candidates will typically have 8 or more years of relevant experience, combining experience in personal or commercial insurance, with an analytical, industry, research or consulting background.
Our client’s insurance practice is small, but fast growing. This role offers the right candidate with an entrepreneurial mindset the opportunity to directly contribute to the expansion of a successful business, both geographically and product coverage.
The role comprises three main elements: Management and Leadership; Client Delivery and Commercial Accountability.
Management and leadership
- Managing a team of consultants/analysts, focusing on their professional development and leadership skills.
- Focusing on project delivery, operational excellence and proactively leading initiatives to achieve this.
- Leading the design and implementation of one or a number of our client’s strategic initiatives and workstreams.
- Supporting general company management activities, such as recruiting, training, direction setting and planning.
- Managing multiple senior clients and key stakeholders during and throughout the research and delivery process.
- Creating compelling insights and original thinking to ensure outstanding levels of customer satisfaction are maintained.
- Presenting key findings to senior management and board level clients.
- Leading workshops to help translate the results into action plans.
- Managing and writing thought leadership articles, white papers, etc.
With our client’s ambitious growth plans, this is an ideal opportunity to demonstrate business building and entrepreneurial skills by supporting their Directors in:
- Expansion into new markets; including business development with C level executives, client pitches, proposal writing, pipeline management, and contract negotiations.
- Deepening and expanding existing client relationships with other products and services from our client’s portfolio.
- Working alongside our client’s partners on joint client proposals and through introductions to already established clients.
- New benchmarking study and proposition development.
Our client is looking for candidates who have proven themselves and are looking for a new challenge, joining the leadership team of a fast growing, entrepreneurial organisation.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience, with a core consulting, research or analytical background, with significant client facing responsibilities.
- Exceptional analytical abilities and insight generation, extensive project management skills and a proven ability to manage, coach and inspire highly intelligent, high achieving teams are essential
- Proven client business development/sales experience is highly desirable.
- Experience in personal and commercial insurance is preferred.
- Degree from a top tier university and/or an MBA from a leading business school.
- Excellent verbal and written English and German is essential.