Our Client is a global market leading FMCG brand and they have a current requirement for an Interim Marketing Manager. They are seeking a talented Marketing Manager for a 12 month FTC (maternity leave cover), they are in the midst of some very exciting change. Our client has a long heritage and a great reputation for quality.
Reporting to the Brand Director, the Marketing Manager is a dynamic role requiring a passionate foodie with strong integrated marketing skills who can demonstrate both brand and trade marketing expertise. The role is predominantly focused on BTL marketing but an understanding of ATL marketing would be advantageous. The role sits within the Brand and Food team and will help to shape the strategy for the Independent side of the business, managing an annual food activity calendar that engages with, and meets the needs of customers and sales. The role of the Marketing Manager is to ensure that the customer and food are at the heart of everything they do, working with the category and brand team to develop, implement and monitor the annual brand and food plan.
The role is based in our Client’s office based in Kent (approx 40 mins commute from London) and will require national travel on a monthly basis.
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 9-12 Month FTC
- Should have a strong understanding of the on-trade market and will ideally be from a foodservice, food & drink or leisure background. FMCG experience would be advantageous.
- Minimum two years’ experience working at a similar level.
- Can demonstrate use and understanding of market & customer insight to drive decision making and activity. Adept at translating insight into actionable plans that drive customer, category and commercial benefit.
- Brand Management and Trade Marketing experience, or clear evidence of strong commercial and business rigour with “end to end” thinking. Experience in PR and Events would be advantageous.
- Experienced in marketing planning, monitoring and analysis, including the setting of KPIs.
- Excellent eye for detail and experienced in project managing long-term, cross-functional projects.
- Experienced in working with national sales team and adept at sales force communication; able to engage and connect to ensure successful implementation.
- Outgoing, collaborative and entrepreneurial approach.
- Can build strong and effective relationships with multiple stakeholders at all levels.
- Advanced working knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
- Experienced in creative briefing, agency management and budget management.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines whilst delivering on-time and to budget
- Desire to learn new skills and thrive in a test and learn environment
- Work closely with the category and sales team, to develop an annual brand and food plan that meets company and departmental objectives
- Take accountability for the implementation, measurement and monitoring of your plan, seeking feedback from sales and undertaking customer feedback to continuously improve the impact of activity.
- Manage the Food Ambassadors sales knowledge programme with learning & development and food development, crafting impactful customer selling decks, category stories and sales tools.
- Monitor market and customer insight, and liaise with the Sector Marketing Managers, to set the direction for and implement the annual food publications programme. Ensure all publications have a clear customer proposition.
- Utilise market and customer insight to act as the “voice of customer” champion within the marketing department and across wider functions, using your insight and expertise to help category shape compelling, customer centric product information
- Manage the food marketing support for key events such as Christmas ensuring the food communications are shaped to meet the customer need and support is launched effectively to sales
- Creative and Curious – can demonstrate creative and lateral thinking that solves problems, drive change and results in commercial and organisational outcomes; naturally curious, always asks how and what could be done better
- Planned and Organised – starts with the end in mind, clear on desired outcomes and what good looks like; comfortable with the detail
- Collaborates and Partners – a natural team player capable of working collaboratively and cross-functionally, builds strong, trusting and professional relationships but comfortable to challenge where necessary
- Strong Communicator – a competent and confident communicator who can communicate with structure and purpose and understands the needs of their audience (customer, sales, internal)
- Tenacious and Resilient – able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, can quickly adapt to change and remain focused and calm under pressure; comfortable with complexity
To apply, please email your CV to: email@example.com