This is a unique opportunity to work for a Global brand leader who boasts an impressive portfolio of well known premium consumer brands within the Group. This is a newly created and high profile role in which you will be a key member of the UK leadership team and focus on leveraging the scale of the Group to win bigger for all brands.
- Leverage corporate scale with joint customers to achieve better trade support at lower cost
- Lead the group’s commercial strategy, drive best practice and build capability in trade marketing across the different brands and corporately
- Mutualise common commercial work-streams that are not brand specific
Key areas of responsibility:
1 – Represent the Group, and define group strategy on common customer topics to deliver best value for the Group:
Working closely with Country manager and GMs
- Any trade terms evolution, changes and negotiations affecting the Group: eg cost share model, rate cards, new store openings, pricing
- Any corporate customer strategic initiatives: CRM, store developments, co-marketing initiatives
- Work with GMs to define and coordinate group strategy and response
2 – Define and own the commercial strategies for the group to maximise unit revenue
Working closely with the cluster trade marketers (who execute), brand Finance, GMs and HQ
- Group Trade terms strategy
- Group Trade where to play choices (corporate analysis of group customer profitability: where do we invest and push our scale play; where do we pull back)
- Trade Channel Go To Market differentiation (Department stores, F&I, Indeps, High street etc):
- Winning value add tools: Differentiation strategy (hard and soft), Gifting strategy
- Winning value off: price off promotions, remnant channel choices
- Group pricing strategy – to ensure consistency in approach
- Promotional guidelines & remnant offers (will become bigger part of role as we pick up more FF)
- Mix: work with cluster trade marketers and Finance to establish mix strategy (brand lines, sizes) by brand to maximise revenue and bottom line.
3 – Build the Trade marketing functional expertise in the group. All cluster trade marketers have a direct line into the corporate head.
- Reports to the Country Manager, and works closely with them on Group strategic choices
- Key member of the UK leadership team
- Close collaboration with GMs, CFO, HRQ
- Together with Country manager, Group contact for all key trade partners
- Their immediate team ie the cluster trade marketers (3 people)
- Experienced leader with 10 yrs + expertise in commercial leadership roles in mass or premium beauty.
- Deep understanding of the UK trade landscape in Beauty, and the key commercial business drivers.
- Has previous experience of trade marketing roles – ie representing sales’ needs back to Marketing and RHQ or GHQ to deliver the right commercial plans (across price, promotion, gifting, differentiation, eventing, amplification) to win in market vs competition.
- Strong collaborator and communicator given matrix structure
- Influencing and coordinating skills will be key given matrix structure
- Needs to be comfortable with strategic focus of role vs operational responsibility. Ie does not own the P&L
To apply, please forward your CV to: email@example.com