Our Client is a global venture capital company who provide investment across a broad range of disruptive tech companies. The company mainly invests in early stage start-ups and high growth companies and are looking to recruit a General Counsel (Gaming/Disruptive Tech sector) to further expand their online gaming/betting/disruptive tech portfolio of investments.
They are currently looking for a Partner level Lawyer with experience of online gaming/betting/disruptive tech sector seeking to move into a more dynamic, commercial In-house role or an experienced Commercial/Corporate Lawyer (who has previously worked at Partner level) who is already working in a similar in-house General Counsel role for a small-medium size online gaming/betting/disruptive tech focused business with at least c15+ years’ experience. Reporting directly to the Chairman (who is a leading global technology entrepreneur) and part of the Exec team, this is a high profile and challenging role. You will provide a broad range of commercial and legal advice spanning; review of and drafting of commercial agreements, regulatory and compliance advice, dealing with complex international transactions and deals along with some dispute resolution.
The position will require someone who has a strong commercial law background, M&A, along with International deal exposure with experience of managing transactions across different countries. Previous experience in online gaming/gambling/betting/disruptive tech sectors and related tech sector transactions/deals is essential. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to work for a family office backed by a leading global technology entrepreneur.
The position attracts a market leading remuneration package to attract the best.
- Qualified Lawyer – at least Partner level if currently in a firm (small to mid size firm)
- Previous experience in online gaming/gambling/betting/disruptive tech sectors
- Experienced in £5m to £50m transaction size
- Strong Commercial law background
- Previous experience of Tech sector transactions / deals an advantage
- International deal exposure, and experience of managing transactions across different countries
- Hands on, practical and assertive
- Based in central London with approx 30% International travel
To apply, please forward your CV to: email@example.com